In the fall of 2011, Esse Health launched the Esse Health Community Outreach Program. Designed to provide employees and their family members with the opportunity to give back to the communities and people they serve, the program coordinates and hosts events for employees to work with various non-profit organizations.
Since its launch, the Community Outreach Program has coordinated the following volunteer opportunities:
- Project Backpack Warehouse: employees and family members helped stuff and fill dozens of backpacks with school supplies for children that are the silent victims of domestic violence.
- Stray Rescue: we took dogs for a walk, cleaned their “apartments” and did laundry
- Life Care Center of Bridgeton: several of our employees played bingo with the residents
- Children’s Miracle Network: employees answered phones for the “May is for Miracles Premier Radio and TV Broadcast Event”
- St. Louis Senior Olympics: we ran the football toss and performed health screenings for the athletes
- American Heart Association’s Heart Walk: 200 of our employees and patients joined us as we raised awareness of heart disease and stroke
- American Diabetes Association’s Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes: 250 of our employees and patients walked with us as we stepped out to help stop diabetes
- Holiday donations: Several of our offices collected donations for organizations important to them